Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Trigger Bar Spring
plunk Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 1:05:47 PM(UTC)

I've been moving the FCU between compact and subcompact grips. The trigger bar spring always seemed like it was a problem waiting to happen because of the way it hangs off the side of the FCU. Finally it happened. It flew off. I replaced it. Apparently I did it correctly because the trigger returns correctly. There also seems to be excess play where the trigger bar interfaces with the trigger cam, which causes the trigger to have more play than I like.

Has anybody had problems with the trigger bar spring flying off? It could be a problem in the field if the little spring flipped onto the ground.

Has anybody taken the pay out of the trigger?
cstone Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 1:37:03 PM(UTC)
cstone

Was thanked: 93 time(s) in 80 post(s)
The first time I took my FCU out of the grip frame, the trigger spring came off. It took me a few minutes but I was able to get it back on pretty easily. When I've taken the FCU out (mostly to show others how simple the P250 is) the spring sometimes come off, it goes right back on. While the FCU is in the grip frame, I don't know how the spring would come off. There just isn't enough clearance for the spring to come off.

Here is a link to Shane Whitlock's web site. He did a great job documenting the detail strip of his FCU http://www.shanewhitlock...hoto/v/leather/sig/fcu/ This is actually how I found the board. I would recommend you strip and clean the FCU. After you have completely stripped your FCU down and put it back together a couple of times, you will realize how simple it is.

At some point I need to pick up some extra parts for my P250. Its like having some extra parts for your AR just in case. I'd appreciate links to sites stocking these parts.
adepto super vestri ego
Flash Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 11:50:40 PM(UTC)
Flash

Man

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I've had mine pop off 3-4 times when cleaning it. Usually it stays pretty well when I pull the FCU and swap pistols as I'm careful with it. But as soon as I start digging around with a wipe or brush, there it goes... Distressing the first time as you wouldn't think it would be that easy to pop off. The last time it popped, the FCU kind of fell apart with pieces all over the place. Seems the spring was like the linch pin or something. I pulled out my 2nd FCU and used it as a model to put it back together. Wish I'd known about the website listed above. Would have made it a lot easier.

-Flash-

Sig P250C: .40 / .357 / 9mm
Sig P250SC: .40 / 9mm
Sig P290
Ruger SR-556
Nemesis Arms Vanquish
Benjmen Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 12:16:43 AM(UTC)
Benjmen

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I had it happen to me a couple of times until I started to remember that when changing to another grip I needed to be very aware of it moving or poping off.

After buying a replacment parts kit for my .9mm I no longer feel like it will fall off. The newer trigger spring appears to be a little more stout, in fact all of the springs seemed to be more stout!

cstone OBMexpress has some parts but I would call them to verify they are for the P250 as some of the one they list for the 250 are not for the 250??? I have looked around and have not found anyone that has a full line of P250 parts yet so if someone knows please share it with us.

I got tried of looking and just called Sig. the parts kit was $26 +shipping of $15 (sucked) but for $40 bucks I got all new and updated springs. I could tell the difference from the first shot that it was a tighter crisper feeling.

Hope this helps
crusader Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 3:22:35 AM(UTC)
crusader

cstone, thank you so much for posting that link! I saved it in my favorites. I really like that polished look and have wanted to do that, but that fcu is somewhat intimidating to disassemble, especially the hammer spring assembly.
Thanks again. and what the hell is the deal with Sig and their shipping charges? Benjmen, what was in that parts kit?
I'd rather die on my feet..than live on my knees
BerettaBri Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 5:24:17 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
If ordering a parts kit from Sig, do it when you want to buy a new x-change kit or something expensive. I think any order you place over $100 (or some amount) nets you free shipping. I ordered a FS .45 kit and a mag - they shipped my kit but I am still on hold for the mag, but they said since I ordered it at the same time as the x-change kit they would send it free when they got them back in stock.
I once thought I was wrong... but I was mistaken.
buckshotshorty2 Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 8:51:37 AM(UTC)
buckshotshorty2

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Mine came off once, and next thing I knew the whole kit and kaboodle was apart. I was surprised at how simple it was to put back together, even for someone as mechanically inept as me. Sig sent me a new spring that hooks from the inside out or the outside in (I forget which, but it's opposite the old one!) that is supposed to stay put.
Partsfreak Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 10:34:03 AM(UTC)
Partsfreak

Man

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thanks for the link. I saved it for future reference. ThumbsUp
When they come for my 6 shooter, they had better bring seven men.
watermelon Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 2:58:47 PM(UTC)
watermelon

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Yes good link. And a mouse trap wont fall apart that easily lol
Benjmen Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 3:26:44 PM(UTC)
Benjmen

crusader wrote:
cstone, thank you so much for posting that link! I saved it in my favorites. I really like that polished look and have wanted to do that, but that fcu is somewhat intimidating to disassemble, especially the hammer spring assembly.
Thanks again. and what the hell is the deal with Sig and their shipping charges? Benjmen, what was in that parts kit?

Yea it was $10 for next day shipping and 4.95 to insure it??? I just said ship it.

rifmon Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 11:52:27 PM(UTC)

Ok so the shipping was cheap. How much for the parts kit?
Benjmen Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 1:19:25 AM(UTC)
Benjmen

Benjmen wrote:
I had it happen to me a couple of times until I started to remember that when changing to another grip I needed to be very aware of it moving or poping off.

After buying a replacment parts kit for my .9mm I no longer feel like it will fall off. The newer trigger spring appears to be a little more stout, in fact all of the springs seemed to be more stout!

cstone OBMexpress has some parts but I would call them to verify they are for the P250 as some of the one they list for the 250 are not for the 250??? I have looked around and have not found anyone that has a full line of P250 parts yet so if someone knows please share it with us.

I got tried of looking and just called Sig. the parts kit was $26 +shipping of $15 (sucked) but for $40 bucks I got all new and updated springs. I could tell the difference from the first shot that it was a tighter crisper feeling.

Hope this helps

Here I moved it down for you RifmonLOL
rifmon Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 10:59:00 AM(UTC)

Thanks Benjamin.

I can't see the mustard in the fridge eitherBlink .. Not a bad price for a 250 insurance plan!