Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Firing Pin Spring
Sam250C Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2018 6:08:38 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I was at the range, and my P250 suddenly stopped firing. Didn't take but a few seconds for me to find that the firing pin assembly was not functioning right. I'm thinking it's got to the the spring, since when I push on it from the back side, there is NO spring action at all. Looks like I can punch out that roll pin from the bottom, and get to it fairly easy. Need to find a spring.

I bought this P250C .40 about 3 years ago used. I have no clue about it's history. Couldn't turn it down for $200, and unless it's my imagination, it's the most accurate firing compact I've ever had. It's heavier/sturdier/stouter than a Glock 19 for sure. I like my Glock for a few reasons, but if were forced to choose between the P250, the Glock 19, and the S&W Shield, I would choose the P250C .40 I'm fairly certain. Still thinking about getting a 320.

Here's an admission - I did a LOT of dry firing with this P250. I don't understand how that could have helped the process of breaking the firing pin spring. I've always wondered about dry firing, and what the deal is there. The good and bad of doing it.

Any good info/suggestions anyone can share?
Sam

Sig P250C .40
S&W Shield 9mm
Glock 19 Gen 3
Bulgarian Makarov 9x18
Taurus R46112 .357 Magnum
Taurus 85 .38 Special
Rossi Ranch Hand .44 Magnum
Assorted Shotguns
MikeJackmin Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2018 7:56:27 PM(UTC)
MikeJackmin

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Did you use a snap cap while dry firing?

It might have just been a quirk, the spring might have been nicked at some point and was thus doomed to fail eventually. It happens.