Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Stupid at the gun range
Sam250C Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2018 8:11:18 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Check this out - Today I took my P250C 40 to one of the local gun ranges here in San Antonio. I was just in the mood, so I took my Sig, and My S&W Shield out there. Bought 100 rounds for the Sig, and 50 for the Shield.

I had both pistol on the counter in front of me, with both boxes of ammo open, with the intention of alternating pistols after emptying the mags. 2 mags for my Shield, an 8 mag, and a 7 mag. Those two come standard with a Shield. I only have the 1 13 round mag for my P250C 40. I bought if from an individual I knew from Armslist.com, and it didn't come with a case or any accessories. Just the pistol with 1 magazine.

Anyway today, I had a brain fart moment at the firing line. I was reloading my Shield mag with 9mm rounds, and for some reason, the next to the last round (8th round, because I put 8+1 in the Shield) I put in the mag, I had grabbed it from the box of 40 caliber ammo. It went into the 9mm Mag as if it belongs there. I got one shot off, which was the 9mm round, and the next round in the mag was a 40. I thought my gun had jammed or something broke. It was a tad of a struggle to get the mag ejected, but as soon as I got it out and looked, I knew right away I had put a 40 round in the 9mm magazine. I was scared to know if I had loaded the entire magazine that way. Turns on, only 1 wrong round, and it didn't do any damage to the magazine when I pried the .40 round out.

I was embarrassed. At least I didn't damage the magazine. And the main reason I took the Shield is because I'm thinking about selling it along with a few other pistols I own. Wanted to see if I still like it at all, or might have any future use for it.
Sam

Sig P250C .40
S&W Shield 9mm
Bulgarian Makarov 9x18
Taurus R46112 .357 Magnum
Taurus 85 .38 Special
Rossi Ranch Hand .44 Magnum
Assorted Shotguns
1 user thanked Sam250C for this useful post.
XavierNu on 3/19/2018(UTC)
rjbFL Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 11:00:30 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Thanks for the post. Always good to be extra watchful.
exfed2002 Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2018 5:01:19 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Sam250C;43447 wrote:
C

I was embarrassed.

Happens to all of us.

Friend of mine let me shoot his newly aquired HP. So I loaded a few rounds of 40 in the mag and proceeded.

First round was a FTF, so I asked him what was wrong, had he had these problems before.

The HP was a 9.
#4 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 8:57:41 AM(UTC)
XavierNu

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 106 post(s)
I typically take my 250's in 40 and 9 to the range and early on caught myself shoving a mag loaded with 9 in a 40 and vise versa. I have since become very OCD about how I lay everything out, checking and dbl checking which pistol is which and grouping matching pistols, mags and ammo on opposite sides of the bench. No worries brother, keep shooting!
P250C .40 S&W
P250SC 9MM
P250C/SC .380 ACP
P228 III S/N :p
P239 SAS .40 S&W
P320SC 9mm