Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Fiocchi 9mm luger ammo, anyone with experience using this ammo
dimarrco Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 3:21:42 PM(UTC)
dimarrco

Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have a p250c 9mm and have seen some great pricing lately for this product. Fiocchi 9 mm 115 Grain FMJ
Can anyone give me some info on this ammo when used in a p250c? Dirty, jams, off target after certain distances, etc. Thanks in advance to all, Dimarrco ThumbsUp
P250c 9mm 2nd Gen.

The most consistent thing in life is change.
CA_TX-Cop Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 4:16:03 PM(UTC)
CA_TX-Cop

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I haven't used Fiocchi in a couple of years, but at the time it was a little on the hot side compared to other 9mm ammunition I was using. The bullets were a bit stubbier too, which caused the occasional feeding problem in my hi-power, but no issues in my beretta or sig P226.

No dirtier or cleaner than standard ammo, about in line with CCI blazer, which isn't as good as Federal, but not as bad as USA brand.

I want to say the primer pockets were military crimped as well (if I remember correctly, like I said it's been a couple years) which made it great for shooting ammo, but not so good for reloading the cases later.
Joshua Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 9:04:13 PM(UTC)
Joshua

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I have not had any issues running it through a p250c. Shoots where I aim, no dirtier than the Blazer or Winchester white box. As far as distance accuracy I have no clue, I train with pistols to defend my life. If the fight was far enough away I would try to avoid it.
Doogan56 Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2019 3:46:37 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I've used the Fiocchi 124gr brass FMJ for several months now. SGAMMO has it on sale for $168/1000. Also shoot the 115gr ($153/1000) brass FMJ through the same pistol. The stuff shoots better than the reloads I purchased a few months back, and definitely is an improvement over the Russian bulk steel cased stuff. The big upside is that Fiocchi is much cleaner -- a huge plus when considering pistol performance and overall wear.
1 user thanked Doogan56 for this useful post.
AnthonyC on 6/3/2019(UTC)
AnthonyC Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2019 6:38:21 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Doogan56;44189 wrote:
I've used the Fiocchi 124gr brass FMJ for several months now. SGAMMO has it on sale for $168/1000. Also shoot the 115gr ($153/1000) brass FMJ through the same pistol. The stuff shoots better than the reloads I purchased a few months back, and definitely is an improvement over the Russian bulk steel cased stuff. The big upside is that Fiocchi is much cleaner -- a huge plus when considering pistol performance and overall wear.

Unfortunately, although shipping ammo from store to door is technically allowed in NY, awhile back there was some confusion due the unconstitutional SAFE Act. So most online stores will only ship to an FFL, who then charge a fee for handling which eats into the cost savings. I know there isn't an large profit margin for LGS in NY but that is just a douchey thing to do for some so-called Pro-2A people. Therefore I usually buy whatever I can find on sale for range ammo. Not alot of Fiocchi around me.
Doogan56 Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 04, 2019 8:05:44 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
AnthonyC;44190 wrote:
Doogan56;44189 wrote:

Unfortunately, although shipping ammo from store to door is technically allowed in NY, awhile back there was some confusion due the unconstitutional SAFE Act. So most online stores will only ship to an FFL, who then charge a fee for handling which eats into the cost savings. I know there isn't an large profit margin for LGS in NY but that is just a douchey thing to do for some so-called Pro-2A people. Therefore I usually buy whatever I can find on sale for range ammo. Not alot of Fiocchi around me.

That is so unfortunate. I hope that some efforts are underway to challenge these unconstitutional practices in Federal court. I've heard that shooting clubs in California are in a similar situation, and once/twice a year they will travel as a group outside of the state and purchase bulk ammo across state lines. It truly is a fascist government practice.