Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Shot the extractor off
Djellum Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 8:11:44 PM(UTC)

so I had a new and disturbing issue the last time I went shooting. I have a P250 SC 9mm, and have put over a thousand rounds through it with no issues, cleaned after each trip, shooting factory ammo right now, but have shot reloads.

the incident description, just in case you have questions (sorry, years of writing reports will make this extra long lol)...

the last time out I pulled the trigger and it fired, but jumped weirdly in my hand. the slide was stuck due to a non ejected round obviously keeping the next round from ramping into the chamber. the stuck case was sticking back into the ejection port about 1/8 of an inch, and was split where it blew out the side of the case. I locked the slide and removed the clip. the split case came out easily with my fingernail, and the bullet cleared the barrel so there was no blockage. examined the slide next and found that the extractor was completely missing and the rear sight blade was loose. of course I could not find the extractor anywhere. Barrel and chamber seem fine, no other issues found. I put it away for the day.

once I got some time I disassembled the slide and found that the pin and spring assembly for the extractor was bound up (thus the loose rear blade), but that there was no damage that I could find. everything is straight, no burs on the edges, no broken pins, etc. even the hole where the extractor mounts in and the pin that rests on it are clean and in good shape with sharp corners. basically cant find any damage or signs of wear, other than the missing extractor. Since it happened all of a sudden on trigger pull and in the middle of the clip, I don't know in what order the problems occurred. The extractor assembly bound up, the extractor came loose, and the gun failed to chamber a round fully, but I don't know what was cause and what was effect.

so thats the background, sorry for the long wind just to get to a simple question, but have there been any known issues in this assembly that may have contributed to the issue? Mine wasn't a first run model or anything, I've owned it for around 2 years. I am getting ready to enroll in a CHL class and had tagged this pistol to be my carry piece. I can understand that any mechanical device may have a failure, but if this has been reported multiple times as a problem, I will likely choose another pistol.

On a side note I will likely be posting looking for an extractor since they are hard to find individually online.
bgstrain Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 8:37:49 AM(UTC)
bgstrain

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I have not heard of this happening before. I'm guessing thats going to be tough to find and would suggest talking to Sig.
mtnbiker012 Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 10:11:21 AM(UTC)
mtnbiker012

Man

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Contact EPD1102 on here

His profile - here - http://www.p250sig.com/f...spx?g=profile&u=5404

He sells parts kits that include the extractor - here - http://www.p250sig.com/f....aspx?g=posts&t=4452

His email - here - epd1102 at gmail.com

or you can try Sig - Part # 1300466 Extractor. Sig's price $19

Sig Sauer P250C .22LR
Sig Sauer P250C/SC .380ACP
Sig Sauer P250F/C-TB/SC 9MM
Sig Sauer P250F/C/SC .357SIG/.40S&W
Sig Sauer P250F/C/SC .45ACP
1 user thanked mtnbiker012 for this useful post.
bgstrain on 7/23/2013(UTC)
ca survivor Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 03, 2017 6:20:39 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
looks like you had a mild KABON