Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
P250 9c guide rod
svilardo_85 Offline
#21 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2013 9:45:19 PM(UTC)
svilardo_85

Man

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
im ben thinking abowt getting the 229 rod and 9mm spring from topgunsupply and jus save the stock rod and spring assembly in case and as extra parts
guns -n- glory for all...
DeVille Offline
#22 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 8:59:07 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I found a stainless steel guide rod for a P229 / 228 / 250C on EBay for less than $10 shipped (seller SquirrelDaddy). It fits a 9mm P250 Compact fine. The rim capturing the spring is slightly thicker than the original rod, so the spring is slightly more compressed. The exposed rod end on not at all radiused (read a sharp right angled corner). The finish is highly polished. I haven't shot it yet.

My original guide rod is a thin walled hollow tubular, steel (magnetically attracted), part.

My questions are:

Are there any disadvantages to to the original rod?

Are there any concerns about using this replacement?
ontmark Offline
#23 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 12:27:42 AM(UTC)
ontmark

Man

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 23 post(s)
DeVille;42553 wrote:
I found a stainless steel guide rod for a P229 / 228 / 250C on EBay for less than $10 shipped (seller SquirrelDaddy). It fits a 9mm P250 Compact fine. The rim capturing the spring is slightly thicker than the original rod, so the spring is slightly more compressed.

Are there any concerns about using this replacement?

I would say if it cycles smoothly as you hand rack the slide and then hand release it. It should be good to try. The spring slightly more compressed May be an issue.

I would not use a guide rod and spring purchased from a cheap supplier on the interweb if I was to put my life behind the weapon.
If it is a duty carry or your CCW then please heed that the spring and rod should come from a reputable source.

Ten dollars shipped seems awful cheap for quality spring material. Just my two cents worth.

Go shoot it and let use know how it went.
Maybe you can post up a picture of stock next to this one you just purchased here.