Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

How to adjust sights on sig P250
Ron B Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2010 1:17:17 PM(UTC)

Shot my new P250 .45 today with winchester white box ammo . shot 70 rounds and all went well no fte, ftf , jams or light strikes . I love the way this handgun shoots and functions but im no expert marksman but it seemed to be shooting low. How do you adjust the sights to raise the point of impact and do i need a special tool to do so. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ray Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 19, 2010 5:24:11 AM(UTC)
Ray

The P250 has fixed sights and can not be adjusted.
AH#104 Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 19, 2010 5:30:24 AM(UTC)
AH#104

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Ron B wrote:
Shot my new P250 .45 today with winchester white box ammo . shot 70 rounds and all went well no fte, ftf , jams or light strikes . I love the way this handgun shoots and functions but im no expert marksman but it seemed to be shooting low. How do you adjust the sights to raise the point of impact and do i need a special tool to do so. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm guessing here, but you're probably putting the target above the front sight. The front sight should *cover* the bulls eye.
ASSHOLE#104 Len
9mm F(L&M) C(M) S(S)
45ACP F(L&M) C(M) S(M){future}

Bellmechanic Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 01, 2012 1:23:40 AM(UTC)

I have the same issue with my new P250 .45 compact. I have done some research and from what I've found out there are different sites you can use but I can't find out where I can buy them from except Sig themselves.
Anyone have any ideas if so I'd be happy to hear them.

Happy New Year

Thanks.
renoboyd Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 01, 2012 10:28:19 AM(UTC)
renoboyd

Man

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Yup, the problem is that you are used to a standard sight picture, being impact on top of front sight. Me too. But the 250 usually comes set with a combat sight picture, though my 9sc and 45 c did not. Combat sights are, impact BEHIND CENTER DOT. Its pretty easy to know if yours is set that way. If the rear sight has a M on it, its MED which impacts that way. I am looking to have mine replaced with a L (Large) not because I cant make it work with the MED, but because that single difference ia unique to all of the many guns I own. I am a creature of habit. Still, nothing wrong with combat sights... Just ...

You will have to decide on your own what works for you and how to address it. I am currently searching for a complete slide with the correct sights, only because it looks like replacing the rear sight is 2/3 of the whole slide.