Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

OWB Cross draw holsters for P250. Why are they so hard to find?
submoagroup Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2014 12:12:04 PM(UTC)
submoagroup

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I thought it was hard to find regular holsters for P250's, but I eventually found some really good ones. But OWB cross draw holsters are almost non existent. I finally ordered a De Santis Sky Cop (the only one I could find) only to find out that it was discontinued. I finally ordered a Crossbreed Superslide that can be worn as a cross draw. I don't have it yet and hope that it works for me. Have you guys had this much trouble finding holsters that work?
3 P250 FCU's
40sc
40c
40f
357sigf
cstone Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2014 3:05:12 PM(UTC)
cstone

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 127 post(s)
I use a Crossbreed like IWB for my P250.

For me personally, I wear any carry gun in the same place, all of the time. Regardless of IWB vs OWB, for me, strong side at the waist for almost 30 years means that I never wonder where it is. I don't even think about it, because it is always there. I know if I chose, I could slip the same holster onto my weak side with it oriented backwards, to use it as a crossdraw.

For a brief time, I did carry in a belly band, below my belt with the barrel/slide in the crease between my strong side leg and groin. This was a deep cover carry position, very uncomfortable after a few hours, and necessary because I was not creative enough to come up with a better carry location for the circumstances.

Crossdraw has really gone out of favor for most gun carriers. I don't know of a single LE department or agency that issues or allows crossdraw either on duty or on their range. I would be interested in learning about any departments that do, if anyone knows of any.

Be safe.

adepto super vestri ego
submoagroup Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2014 7:58:20 PM(UTC)
submoagroup

Thanks cstone,

Normally I would also favor the strong side as well, but some circumstances seem to demand a cross draw. Such as seated or driving. Thanks for your insight. I'm not LE so it's not a matter of issue. I do find myself driving a lot and have used a sticky holster between the seats in my truck. If you have to exit in a hurry it's not optimal for me.
3 P250 FCU's
40sc
40c
40f
357sigf
ChristopherLoaf Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2014 8:49:57 PM(UTC)
ChristopherLoaf

Man

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 88 post(s)
More food for thought, not trying to convince you of anything, just provide you with other options like I always do. I carry appendix carry which is essentially what cstone was talking about with the belly band. After a metric ton of research which some say I do too much, I decided that FOR ME the benefits outweigh the losses/cons/etc. I have ease of access from almost any position, it's easier to conceal on a daily basis, and I'm skinnier than I used to be so it works! LOL.

Since my chopped G22 is the only firearm I own right now because monies are tight and the stang hasn't sold yet, this is what/how I carry. I've practiced this way, drawn, reholstered, sat in my car and drawn and reholstered etc. I have no worries about it. Yes initially, I looked at people who carried striker fired, non-safetied, pistols in an appendix holster like some crazy nut who want to lose a nut...but two things have to happen first for there to be an ND:

1. Negligence. Plain and simple. It is MY responsibility to make sure the gun doesn't fire when I don't want it to. Not Glock's, not my holster maker's (K Rounds), or anybody else. What that means is simply not blindly sticking my gun back in my holster loaded and chambered, keeping my trigger finger away from the trigger like a boss, and being reluctant to reholster anyway.

Alot of people cry that a Glock isn't safe to carry that way because there's not another mechanism to stop the trigger. True, it isn't as safe as say a DAO CZ or Beretta with the safety on or something stupidly redundant so yes, once the trigger is pulled, the gun goes off. End of story, which leads me to point to for NDs...

2. An obstruction. Which directs me back to point number one. Who's responsibility is it to check the inside of the holster for obstruction? Mine. Shoot, I have no real excuse, my holster was designed to come out of my pants while still being attached to the belt so I may reholster while getting a really good dang look inside before I shove the pistol in. I can reholster in the pants if need be and I carry a flashlight so if I absolutely HAVE to I can peek down there and look for obstructions. Even if I carried the gun on my weapon hand side, it would be hard to see down in there at that angle and position on my body so there's another plus for appendix...for me.

Appendix doesn't lend itself to being comfortable for people with any kind of a gut unfortunately, like I used to have. Part of the reason I lost 10-15lbs. It's also not good if you're not willing to practice with it, but, we should all be practicing with our equipment anyway right? Riiiigghhht?!?

So before you think this is all about how I think you should appendix carry let me give you this one:

Before I did appendix carry, I carried weapon hand side or "strong side" like most call it. But in the car, I would move the pistol from my body to another holster that was easier to access inside a vehicle. I'm not a big advocate of that but hey, if you can get shots off faster than the bad guy carrying how YOU carry and how YOU'RE comfortable carrying.......THAT'S how you should do it. Not based on what anybody tells you.
Chris

I don't own any guns anymore

Currently accepting donations for one!
submoagroup Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2014 9:44:15 PM(UTC)
submoagroup

Chris,

Thanks for your input. As I understand it you are talking about a belly band which would be above the belt line, but under some clothing, correct? I have a Foxx IWB appendix carry holster which is fine until you sit down. Also I don't want any clothing in the way other than an open shirt or jacket. Thanks for mentioning that option though.

I also have a Galco Miami classic rig which I like very much,but they don't make a holster for the P250 which is a shame.

Jeff
3 P250 FCU's
40sc
40c
40f
357sigf
ChristopherLoaf Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2014 10:16:40 PM(UTC)
ChristopherLoaf

Man

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 88 post(s)
Oh nuh uh. I have a dedicated holster that is IWB but sits right in front a bit to the right of my belt buckle, so your Foxx is as close as it gets. Hrrrmmmm. I dedicated cross draw owb. Not sure I see a ton of those.
Chris

I don't own any guns anymore

Currently accepting donations for one!
XavierNu Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, November 17, 2014 10:16:32 AM(UTC)
XavierNu

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 106 post(s)
The only place I've seen a holster described as "cross-draw" for p250 has been on ebay, sorry. I have a save search for p250 and every blue moon I'll see s cross-draw or small of the back holsters. Hey you go nothing to lose, check it out.
P250C .40 S&W
P250SC 9MM
P250C/SC .380 ACP
P228 III S/N :p
P239 SAS .40 S&W
P320SC 9mm

submoagroup Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, November 24, 2014 9:57:17 PM(UTC)
submoagroup

As it turns out, the De Santis is no longer available, so I ordered a Crossbreed SuperSlide for my P250SC. It has slots so that it can be worn strong side or cross draw. I'm wearing it right now as a cross draw and it is very comfortable. I'm sitting in my easy chair and have complete access to it. It's everything I was hoping for and I love it so far. If this forum did tapatalk I would send a picture right now. But I will send one later. If you are looking for something like this I would highly recommend one.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone picture
submoagroup attached the following image(s):
photo.JPG (134kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
3 P250 FCU's
40sc
40c
40f
357sigf
Deadman644 Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, May 30, 2015 9:20:10 AM(UTC)

I found a holster at Cabalas (De Santis 10677 which is leather and can be used on either strong side or cross draw and can be used under your shirt for concealed. It is a friction fit and yet can be use very fast with some practice. I almost always use it for a cross draw because it is faster for me to pull that way. The best thing after a bit of wet and dry the holster fits my 250 sub/medium grips perfectly.
Beard Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2018 6:17:55 AM(UTC)

Hi,
OWB crossdraw can be found here https://www.craftholster...act-cross-draw-holsters
they are custom made, mostly leather holsters.