Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Heh, how about I update again...
ChristopherLoaf Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 12:42:24 PM(UTC)
ChristopherLoaf

Man

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 88 post(s)
(I mention God in this post so if that offends you, this is your fair warning to not read this, otherwise, you have no room for complaining.)

So, I no longer work in Lewisville. I couldn't handle it any longer. Well, let's just say my emotional state plus my bank account, when put together as a whole, couldn't handle it any longer. The teacher I worked with while VERY good at her job, spent a lot of our "chit chat time" not really answering any of my questions, being very standoff-ish, and downright rude and condescending...openly in front of the students. I had to go. It was more about the money than anything and swallowing my pride and making myself leave a school district since that's my desired career. When Christmas break started, I was so miserable I told myself I would do all that I could to NOT step foot back in the school come Jan 8. This past Monday. And I did. I thought it was a God thing that took me to that school but it was a mistake and I didn't listen well. It WAS a God thing this time to get the job I got. I worked the Enchant Christmas light thing at the ballpark and I interacted with this particular coworker twice the whole time, he only worked twice! The second and last time, he worked in my bar, overheard I was looking for a higher paying, non-school job and gets the information to me about it. I apply, got a phone call that week, interview the next, background check came back clear, and BAM. I can really start on "my life" now thanks to a lot of patience and a lot more of God.

Here's a quick lesson some of the "old timers" probably already know on here: We don't really have time to settle for bull crap in our lives. If something isn't right, we don't have to stick with it. (marriage doesn't count...partially, another conversation for another time) We can try to stick it out for a little bit sure, you know, make sure we just aren't in that adjustment period. Once we figure out it's not right, time to suck it up and do what we can to move on. There is zero reason to linger somewhere like the job I was at in Lewisville. I was happy at the job before that, I just didn't make a lot of money but guys...we can't be slaves to comfort 95% of the time. We have to make sure we are taking care of what we can without excuses. When I loaded trucks at UPS for eleven years, I actually lingered for about seven of those working only 3-4 hours a day, having an awkward weekend schedule, and being utterly miserable. This time, having that same feeling, I left. I got another job first, but I left. I left in time too. When I left UPS, my girlfriend at the time told me that if I would've stayed even a month longer, it would've changed me for the worst. She noticed I was becoming rotten, bitter, gumpy all the time. For some that is okay. What she was saying though, was that I was losing myself. I was losing my personality. I was becoming a shell of who I actually was.

Don't let yourself be miserable. Don't change at the cold expense of others too but, if you're genuinely miserable, it's YOUR job to fix it men. Turn it around. Alpha up. Do what it takes. It took me too long to figure that out.
Chris

I don't own any guns anymore

Currently accepting donations for one!
timbermart Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 9:13:51 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 61 time(s) in 53 post(s)
Thanks for the update. Hope it works out.
GrumpyBiker Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 9:31:41 PM(UTC)
GrumpyBiker

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 142 post(s)
Yep.

" He's a Mean Motor Scooter & A Bad Go Getter..."

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054

cstone Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 11:48:01 PM(UTC)
cstone

Was thanked: 145 time(s) in 126 post(s)
I've often found that when I am repeatedly in the same miserable place, God is teaching me something that I need to learn. The lesson only ends when I have learned what I'm being taught. He is a persistent teacher and I am often a very slow student.

Be safe.
adepto super vestri ego
Cheap Shot Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2018 10:11:49 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 30 post(s)
cstone;43261 wrote:
He is a persistent teacher and I am often a very slow student.

Amen.