Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Getting worse but getting better
ChristopherLoaf Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 05, 2017 12:36:25 PM(UTC)
ChristopherLoaf

Man

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 88 post(s)
Good ol' status update comin' at ya...

So I finally got a new job at a school in Lewisville. I left a great opportunity for a little bit more money (didn't know it was going to only be a little bit more but more on that in a bit) and work in Special Education as a classroom aide. (barfing my guts up today so not goin' nowhere) It's a large school district and will serve to be extremely helpful when I get my teaching certification. The poop of it is, I'm going from two paychecks a month down to one and am having a hard time keeping up. Especially since I had to put a new water pump in my truck in a gas station parking lot thus spending more money than I wanted to.

The side note to the "little bit more" comment was, that the other reason I accepted this job was because it was STARTING at $2 more an hour than I was getting at my previous one AND I got a small "starting raise" because of my work history in Special Education in another district. The odd/frustrating part is, I'm only making $100 more a month and that's before I've even selected my benefits package. I came from a charter school and the only thing I can think is that I'm having to pay TRS again. Honestly it sort of pisses me off. It's whatever though.

The third and final reason is so I can move up to the McKinney area at the end of the summer but honestly, I need more income...period. As in steady income. So I'm probably looking for another job this summer or at the very least, another part time job that's more consistent than the ballpark when the Rangers are in town.

I still don't own a gun. What can ya do?

Chris

I don't own any guns anymore

Currently accepting donations for one!
XavierNu Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 07, 2017 11:09:13 AM(UTC)
XavierNu

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 103 post(s)
Brother you are following your calling to be of service to those most vulnerable and in need. I commend you and hope you know that your struggles show the best of who we can be. Stay strong!
P250C .40 S&W
P250SC 9MM
P250C/SC .380 ACP
P228 III S/N :p
P239 SAS .40 S&W
P320SC 9mm