Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New rant yay! (Wait till ya hear this)
ChristopherLoaf Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 24, 2017 11:47:28 AM(UTC)
ChristopherLoaf

Man

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 88 post(s)
I'm amazed at the amount of people that carry a gun that think they're God's gift to the shooting world yet, they just have zero clue. One of the LEOs at the school I work at is one. Great dude. Nice guy. Loves kids. Had a G43 on his hip because he wasn't in a duty roll. I mentioned that he's carrying a small pistol on his hip and he gave the only response you ever hear...

"If I can't put them down with this, they aren't going down."

Mad Mad

So what he's telling me is that he's so confident that he can make multiple moving CNS shots with that small of a gun while there are kids around?

Many many article and interviews I've read/listened to are pretty clear, one shot stops are either CNS shots or the bad guy just gives up.

I don't even need to go on do I???
Chris

I don't own any guns anymore

Currently accepting donations for one!
timbermart Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 24, 2017 3:07:38 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Got it! Size matters!BigGrin
cstone Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 24, 2017 7:05:56 PM(UTC)
cstone

Was thanked: 138 time(s) in 119 post(s)
There are just some things that shouldn't be handled or displayed in mixed company. Talking about them just encourages people to lie about their skill with said items. Cool

We carry handguns because most people in our society just can't handle seeing a long gun. It takes an emergency to get an officer to whip it out of the cruiser and when they do, just about everybody runs and takes cover.
adepto super vestri ego
1 user thanked cstone for this useful post.
XavierNu on 9/27/2017(UTC)
AnthonyC Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 24, 2017 8:42:28 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I had a similar experience when I ran into an acquaintance who happened to be a correctional officer. We were shooting the breeze, the guy wasn't on duty but may have been going to work or had just left work. Either way he wasn't wearing a uniform. He was open carrying OWB on his left side. That's two things you don't see everyday: left handed holster and OWB, this is NY after all. Open carry is definitely not allowed for US regular citizens.
Well, what is he carrying but an LCP. Confused
I even asked him and he confirmed it was a Ruger LCP.
I have nothing against the LCP but my opinion is that's its a pocket gun for when you want deep concealment. Or a BUG. I might even see how one may prefer it for IWB due to comfort. But if you're gonna open carry OWB, for Pete's sake make it something double stacked with grip you can all your fingers on. I mean, this was over the summer and he wasn't wearing a cover garment. In fact he was also carrying a pair of cuffs in a belt holder near the small of his back.
mu2bdriver Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, September 25, 2017 5:52:24 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
AnthonyC;43046 wrote:
I even asked him and he confirmed it was a Ruger LCP.

You beat me in the small gun category. I was having breakfast in the local diner back in NJ years ago and a town cop sat down next to me at the counter. I casually looked down and it was some tiny Kahr .380. And this was a big dude, the thing would have disappeared in his hands. I don't even think his trigger finger would even fit through the guard. When I got up I looked around hoping it was a backup or second gun, but no.
AnthonyC Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 8:51:46 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
mu2bdriver;43047 wrote:

You beat me in the small gun category. I was having breakfast in the local diner back in NJ years ago and a town cop sat down next to me at the counter. I casually looked down and it was some tiny Kahr .380. And this was a big dude, the thing would have disappeared in his hands. I don't even think his trigger finger would even fit through the guard. When I got up I looked around hoping it was a backup or second gun, but no.

NJ, NY? Maybe it has something to do with living in a restrictive nanny state?
1 user thanked AnthonyC for this useful post.
XavierNu on 9/27/2017(UTC)
XavierNu Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 8:28:05 PM(UTC)
XavierNu

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 103 post(s)
This is a great thread! I can't wait to hear a story of someone carrying OWB a Kel-tec or a derringer! Laugh
P250C .40 S&W
P250SC 9MM
P250C/SC .380 ACP
P228 III S/N :p
P239 SAS .40 S&W
P320SC 9mm

ChristopherLoaf Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 26, 2017 12:07:32 AM(UTC)
ChristopherLoaf

Man

I think what the sad truth is, people are so stuck in the old ways, the old teachings that it’s borderline harmful. Why aren’t we challenging ourselves? Why aren’t we trying to be better? “Nope, this ol’ forty-five is all I need.” Do I really need to bring up the old LEO shoot where the perp wasn’t on ANY substance or alcohol and just wouldn’t go down? Face shots inside of 15 yards, headshots out to 50, and body shots out to 100. C’mon. Better than we were yesterday. Reach for that next rung on the ladder of excellence!!!
Chris

cstone Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, November 27, 2017 6:39:19 PM(UTC)
cstone

Was thanked: 138 time(s) in 119 post(s)
I'm just glad people carry. What they carry is much less important than not carrying, IMO.

Buying a gun but not having it with you just means you are unarmed. Having a hundred guns at home but none when you are attacked is failure.

Don't be a victim. Arm yourself. Be safe.
adepto super vestri ego
1 user thanked cstone for this useful post.
XavierNu on 12/7/2017(UTC)
SCSurfer Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, November 27, 2017 11:27:50 PM(UTC)
SCSurfer

Man

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 38 post(s)
cstone;43119 wrote:
I'm just glad people carry. What they carry is much less important than not carrying, IMO.

Buying a gun but not having it with you just means you are unarmed. Having a hundred guns at home but none when you are attacked is failure.

You are SO right. Those of us in Kommifornia often don't have that right. So I carry when I can and otherwise protect myself and my family as best I can. The only thing I'd add to your post is to train, train, train. Take a Defensive Pistol course, take a Defensive Carbine course, take a Defensive Medicine course. Dry practice and do whatever you can to make sure if/when you do need to deal with a gunfight, you're better trained than the bad guy.
Jim

P250SC .40S&W
P320C 9mm/.40S&W
Ruger P89 9MM
Windham VEX .223
Mossberg 500 Thunder Ranch 12g
1 user thanked SCSurfer for this useful post.
ChristopherLoaf Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2017 9:23:07 PM(UTC)
ChristopherLoaf

Man

SCSurfer;43123 wrote:
cstone;43119 wrote:

You are SO right. Those of us in Kommifornia often don't have that right. So I carry when I can and otherwise protect myself and my family as best I can. The only thing I'd add to your post is to train, train, train. Take a Defensive Pistol course, take a Defensive Carbine course, take a Defensive Medicine course. Dry practice and do whatever you can to make sure if/when you do need to deal with a gunfight, you're better trained than the bad guy.

Now we're talking!!! Train train train. Then when you're don, train some more. Train for different scenarios. Just training to be prepared for the "common alley/parking lot thug" leaves you untrained for anything else.
Chris

1 user thanked ChristopherLoaf for this useful post.