Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Price
rcowan Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 03, 2011 11:01:57 AM(UTC)
rcowan

Man

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I stopped in one of the local candy stores yesterday and cruzed passed the 357 Sig ammo. What a shock!
$30 a box.

RC
rcowan Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 06, 2011 7:05:26 AM(UTC)
rcowan

Man

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Buy more 357Sig Ammo so the price will go down.

RC
cstone Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 06, 2011 4:34:23 PM(UTC)
cstone

Was thanked: 137 time(s) in 118 post(s)
SGAmmo.com seems to be selling good HP ammunition (Speer GDHP and Winchester Ranger T) between 50 and 60 cents per round. Buy in bulk and split the costs with friends close by.
adepto super vestri ego
cowpie Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 7:21:17 AM(UTC)
cowpie

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Depending on who gets elected next month there may be some GOVT. surplus .357 Sig ammo available. I could never understand why Social Security needs so much ammo anyway:Confused

http://www.huffingtonpos...-bullets_n_1797069.html

(this is all part of a rather huge hollow point ammo purchase by the Feds Scared )
"When your sword breaks-pull your dagger-"
cstone Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 7:05:14 PM(UTC)
cstone

cowpie;26137 wrote:
Depending on who gets elected next month there may be some GOVT. surplus .357 Sig ammo available. I could never understand why Social Security needs so much ammo anyway:Confused

http://www.huffingtonpos...-bullets_n_1797069.html

(this is all part of a rather huge hollow point ammo purchase by the Feds Scared )

The Social Security Administration has an OIG like most federal agencies. A significant portion of the SSA/OIG is made up of Criminal Investigators, otherwise known as Special Agents - http://oig.ssa.gov/about...s/office-investigations

Most federal agents carry handguns, and several federal agencies selected the .357 SIG as their ammunition of choice. If you carry it, you need to practice with it, and more practice is better than less practice.

The amount of ammunition purchased in this buy is spread out over a few years, so divide that by the number of agents multiplied by the number of times they are required to requalify and add on the agents who actually want to practice their marksmanship, and the number of rounds being purchased doesn't seem quite as alarming.

That is unless someone is wearing their tinfoil a bit too tight LOL

Be safe.
adepto super vestri ego
Chief0652 Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 6:19:44 PM(UTC)
Chief0652

I started loading .357 Sig. I buy once-fired brass, because I just can't find any at the range to pick up. Anyway, I buy bullets in bulk (1000 pcs or more at a time), My net cost per box of 50 is $12.50. Most of my reloading equipment is paid for because I have loaded .38, 9mm, .45 and .223 for years. I did have to get appropriate dies, but primers and powder are the same for .38 and 9mm (plenty of load data around). I like to shoot the .357 with its flat trajectory and by reloading, I can shoot as much as I want (almost).
FatherVic Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 10:09:54 AM(UTC)
FatherVic

Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Saw this on Slickguns today... 1000 rnds for $250

http://www.slickguns.com...81-or-26059-after-coupon
"What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing." - Oscar Wilde
cowpie Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 2:23:02 PM(UTC)
cowpie

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
now we're talking-
who's got a .357 barrel they want to get rid of
(i gotta start re-loading)
"When your sword breaks-pull your dagger-"
cstone Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 5:21:58 PM(UTC)
cstone

Chief0652;26160 wrote:
I started loading .357 Sig. I buy once-fired brass, because I just can't find any at the range to pick up. Anyway, I buy bullets in bulk (1000 pcs or more at a time), My net cost per box of 50 is $12.50. Most of my reloading equipment is paid for because I have loaded .38, 9mm, .45 and .223 for years. I did have to get appropriate dies, but primers and powder are the same for .38 and 9mm (plenty of load data around). I like to shoot the .357 with its flat trajectory and by reloading, I can shoot as much as I want (almost).

I shoot and reload .40 S&W. I have dies for .357 SIG, but haven't tried to reload, although I have lots of once fired nickel plated brass cases. Since the case is bottle necked, do you ever have to trim the cases? The idea of processing pistol brass the same way I now process .223 brass just makes me less than enthusiastic about setting up for this round.

It makes a great self defense carry round and I highly recommend it for those who can afford to shoot a lot of it.
adepto super vestri ego
Steve40509 Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 7:42:07 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)
OK, this is an 8 month old thread but...

I have recently started reloading and have yet to find any long brass in .380 ACP (the wife's Kahr) or either .357 SIG or .45 ACP from my P250. I take it that rifle brass always must be trimmed? I'm little disappointed because my case trimmer that has been back ordered for 2 1/2 months came in and I want to shave some brass! Guess it is not as necessary as I was led to believe.

The only issue with reloading .357 SIG I have had is finding the proper bullet profile. I found some 115 gr. round nose in my LGS and eventually forced it into submission. However I think the brass is crimped too much to expect it to last over the long term. I picked up some 145 or 150 gr HP on line and the curved profile of the nose is much shorter. The crimp is on the cylindrical portion of the bullet as it should be. (Not sure I am using the proper terminology.) I have Lee dies. With he right bullet by following the set up instructions I had a dummy round in a minute or two. I struggled for two or three evenings before I got a decent 115 dummy round.