Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

P250 w/X-carry grip module
P250X Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, May 7, 2021 11:05:22 AM(UTC)
P250X

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Couple of months ago I was looking at the local BST gun site. An ad came up for a P250 in 40S&W with an FDE X-carry grip module and 6 mags for $450.

[img=http://]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51037089558_13703282eb_z.jpg[/img]

Figured it was a good deal with all the magazines so I bought it. Figured it would make a great woods-carry pistol. I’ve taken it to the range once so far. Basically a 14-shot revolver with a smooth trigger. The trigger isn’t as smooth as say my HK P2000 DAO, but it is a smooth trigger at probably 6-8lbs which is nothing. Having grown up on revolvers this trigger is sweet. I feel sorry for the striker-fired only crowd that just never developed their skill set with DA triggers.

Does have some snap to it with 40S&W, a bit more than, again, my HK’s in this caliber. The HK’s have a recoil reduction system that makes shooting 40/357 very pleasant. But that’s not to say shooting the P250 is unpleasant. Again, I grew up on magnums so this is cake. Accuracy was acceptable, I will need a bit more trigger time with it.

I contacted Sig and it was mad in 2009. No idea how many rounds have been through it before me? It was dirty when I bought it but not filthy. And it looks to be in excellent shape overall. The night sights were about done and anyone familiar with the P250 knows the rear sight is an odd duck to replace. Not hard, just different. I could get one off EBay for $10 but since these were discontinued in 2017 any sight would be a minimum of 4 years old already. So I just put Nitesiters on it.