Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Gun parts and videos
jrfmat Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2020 10:14:13 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
You can find P250 parts at Numrich Gun parts. The magazines, grip modules and extractors are the same as the P320. I’m sure there are other parts that are interchangeable with the P320, too. I have also used a P239 recoil spring in a P250 subcompact, etc. Check the specs.

There are 4 excellent videos on disassembly and reassembly of both the FCU and the slide. They are 8 years old. I have actually used my phone to videotape them so I won’t lose them. The channel is TheManWith2FirstName. You can find them by searching YouTube for P250 slide disassembly.

I have been shooting P250’s since they first came out. I have sold and rebought them many times. I used to think I should be looking for something newer and better. I have never found anything better for me. The P320 doesn’t do it, either. I like the comfort and security of DAO. Anyway, I scrounge in pawn shops for old ones and look online for (real) cheap ones. I recently found a .40 exchange kit from 2008 which had never been opened. They had it marked for $329 but I got it for $150. In my experience, the extractor is normally the item to replace when I get a really old one. Everything else just needs cleaning and lube.

It is a bit of a hobby for me. Since everything is interchangeable, I don’t get bored.

Don’t you think a P250 would be the perfect pistol for all those 1st time gun buyers out there right now?
Cheap Shot Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2020 3:30:58 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Welcome.

"I recently found a .40 exchange kit from 2008 which had never been opened. They had it marked for $329 but I got it for $150."

I hate you. Laugh
1 user thanked Cheap Shot for this useful post.
jrfmat on 8/25/2020(UTC)
jrfmat Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2020 5:07:59 PM(UTC)

If you will make you feel any better... I was on Armslist Saturday night and saw a P250 9mm exchange kit for sale at a gun store IN MY HOME TOWN! It had been posted Friday night! I was at their door when they opened on Monday morning (a 20 mile drive), but they had sold it on Saturday. They just hadn't taken the Armslist ad down.
1 user thanked jrfmat for this useful post.
Cheap Shot on 8/26/2020(UTC)
dimarrco Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2020 8:11:50 PM(UTC)
dimarrco

Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
jrfmat, you seem to have spent some time with these. I have a P250c and would like to change out the sites. How do I know what the size is for front and back, what fits and how to make sure I am purchasing the correct ones for the pistol?
Also, can a small red dot flex type scope be placed on the slide. I don't see how it can be done without modding the slide.
P250c 9mm 2nd Gen.

The most consistent thing in life is change.
jrfmat Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2020 9:44:05 PM(UTC)

The rear sight cannot be changed. The drop safety is actually part of the rear sight. There is no dovetail. You can replace the rear sight with another P250 rear sight. There are offerings from ebay, CDNN, Numrich, etc., but, mainly, you would do that if you wanted night sights. If you have night sights and you want white dot, you can paint them with nail polish. They are concave. The front sight has a dovetail and you can replace that sight. It is a Sig #8 front sight. It is printed on the sight. I have never done this, but I think there may be other sights that are from Sig or Sig compatible that would work. The first place I would look would be anything compatible with the P320. You might want to take a look at a P320 front sight to see if it has an 8 printed on it.

The P250 was not set up for a red dot. It was discontinued before the use of red dots was as wide spread as it is now. However, it has a thick slide and I imagine that the people who used to cut the slides of other guns, Glocks for example, for an optic would be able to do the same for a P250. I don't know what the expense would be... If you do it, please tell me about your experience.

I hope this helps. I have never altered my P250 sights except to paint in night sights for better range visibility. By the way, if you do that, use a toothpick, not a brush.

Thanks for reaching out.
dimarrco Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2020 1:59:20 PM(UTC)
dimarrco

Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks for all the info. I have factory sites on my p250c now. Where can I find a 9mm compact slide on the cheap to try a mod on it. And what is a fair price on the market.
P250c 9mm 2nd Gen.

The most consistent thing in life is change.
jrfmat Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2020 6:47:50 AM(UTC)

The only way I have found anything like a stripped slide is to Google "Sig P250 slide for sale." Ebay or Numrich would probably your best bet for a slide only. I bought a complete gun on Armslist for $250 once. Pawn shops are another possibility.
Just offer what you're willing to pay and walk away if you can't get it for the price you want. Right now, prices are high. People are holding on to their handguns. You just have to keep looking.